A refreshing cocktail
Preparation time: 10 min
Ingredients: 20cl gin (1) • 10cl fresh squeezed lemon juice • 5cl rose cordial • 12 rose petals • 1 sprig of lavender • ice
1. Pour the gin, lemon juice and rose cordial into the base of your cocktail shaker.
2. Shake for about 10 seconds. Using a strainer, pour the mixture into a glass.
3. Add the ice, the rose petals and the lavender sprig. Serve chilled
A detoxifying tea
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ingredients: water • 25 rose petals • 5 teaspoons honey
1. Pour the water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Add the rose petals for 3 minutes, then remove the saucepan from the heat and steep for 5 minutes more.
3. Filter the mixture using a strainer before adding the honey. Stir well and serve hot.
Gourmet ice cream
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Resting time: overnight
Ingredients: 50cl milk • 300g rose petals • 4 egg yolks • 50g sugar • 120g single cream • 5 drops red food colouring • 10ml rosewater
1. In a saucepan, stir together the milk and cream over medium heat until it comes to a boil. When the first bubbles appear, immediately lower the heat and add the rose petals and rosewater and steep for about 10 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the egg yolks with the sugar, whisking vigorously until the mixture lightens in colour. Pour the hot milk into the egg and sugar mixture, using a strainer to remove the rose petals. Stir gently.
3. Return the entire mixture to the saucepan over low heat, stirring until the mixture thickens. Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the mixture into another container to let it cool more quickly.
4. Allow it to rest at room temperature for approximately 1 hour, then place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. When the mixture begins to solidify, remove from the freezer and stir so that the ice cream becomes smoother. Return it to the freezer overnight. The following day, serve cold.
(1). Alcohol abuse is hazardous to your health. Alcohol should always be consumed in moderation.