20 min preparation time for each recipe
20 min cooking time for recipes two and three
Cost: ££ ($$)
Floral salad with honey and lemon dressing
Ingredients: 1 Oakleaf lettuce • 1 Batavia lettuce • 1 bunch of red radishes • 1 cucumber • 500g (1.1 lb) edible flowers (ox-eye daisies, sheep's sorrel, marigolds and dandelions) • 5 chive stems • 150ml (2/3 cup) olive oil • 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard • 3 tbsp runny honey • juice of half a lemon • salt and pepper
1. Prepare the lettuce leaves and rinse them in cold water with a dash of white vinegar. Dry the salad leaves using a salad spinner.
2. Rinse the radishes and the cucumber, then cut into rounds.
3. Rinse the dandelions, daisies, marigolds and sheep's sorrel in cold water with a dash of white vinegar.
4. Rinse the chives in cold water, then chop them roughly. In a bowl, mix the olive oil, mustard, honey, lemon juice, chives and salt and pepper.
5. Put the lettuce, flowers and radish and cucumber slices together in a salad bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss everything together. Serve.
© GettyImages - Westend61
Rack of lamb with lavender
Ingredients: 4 racks of lamb with 5 ribs • 750g (1.65 lbs) baby carrots • 750g (1.65 lbs) green asparagus • 5 sprigs of fresh lavender • 1 sprig of fresh thyme • 3 cloves of garlic • 2 tbsp olive oil • 100g (3.75 oz) butter • salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (gas mark 7).
2. Using a pestle and mortar, crush the sprigs of lavender along with the garlic and thyme.
3. Brown the lamb in a casserole dish with the olive oil. Place the lamb in a baking dish with the lavender, garlic and thyme and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
4. Rinse the carrots and the asparagus in cold water. Peel the asparagus and carrots. Boil some water in a saucepan. Put the vegetables into the boiling water for three minutes, then drain them. In a frying pan, brown them by tossing in butter for three minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Arrange the racks of lamb and vegetables on plates. Serve.
© GettyImages - Nicole S.Young
Ingredients: 3 eggs • 100g (3.75 oz) caster sugar • 120g (4 oz) flour • 100g (3.75 oz) melted butter • 1 pot natural yoghurt • 1 sachet of vanilla sugar and baking powder • 1 tbsp rosewater • 1 drop of pink food colouring • 100g (3.75 oz) icing sugar • pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6).
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the two eggs, sugar and melted butter. Gradually add the yoghurt, flour, vanilla sugar, baking powder and salt until the mixture is completely smooth.
3. Divide the mix into the cupcake moulds, then bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat together the icing sugar with one egg white, the rosewater and food colouring until the mixture is firm.
5. Ice the cupcakes using a piping bag. Leave to set in the fridge for 30 minutes, then decorate how you wish. Serve.
© Fotolia - suzanam